The Tata group is committed to providing a safe and healthy working environment and achieving an injury and illness free work place, since it was founded by the visionary J N Tata in 1868. Over the years, the concern for employees’ safety and health has become a differentiator for the Tata group.
The Tata Group Leadership’s thrust on ensuring safety performance and safety culture has given further impetus to the agenda.
The Tata Business Excellence Group (TBExG) has set up the Group Safety and Health function to formulate strategy, steer and lead the efforts in enhancing the safety culture and performance, and achieve safety excellence in Tata companies.
TBExG’s safety and health function is based on four strategic building blocks:
- Bringing commonality and convergence in efforts on Safety and Health through a common approach, terminologies, strategies and policies
- Delivering training and capability building among group companies in Safety and Health
- Ensuring transparency and sharing in terms of reporting and sharing lessons learnt, and also facilitating the transfer of best practices across group companies
- Providing governance in terms of verification and assurance of Safety and Health regulatory and group requirements
Safety offerings are handled in the following key areas
- Safety Audits
- Safety Culture Assessments
- Deep Dives
- Strategy Creation
- Facilitating the creation of safety policies and standards