Published on August 21, 2015
Twenty-one participants from seven Tata companies participated in the third session of Operations Excellence Practitioners Programme (OEPP) held at the Taj President, Mumbai, between August 12 and 14. The OEPP for process management was designed to help participants identify improvement projects on completion of the workshop and drive implementation of the same in their respective organisations. Organised by Tata Business Excellence Group (TBExG), OEPP is a series of certification workshops held to build capability around the nuances of Operations Excellence for Tata colleagues having experience in operations, supply chain and project management functions.
The faculty for the session comprised TBExG trainers, COOs, B-school professors, subject matter experts (SMEs) and even the principal of a school. The programme structure included pre-work, classroom lectures, video-based learnings, experiential learning through games, best practice sharing and experience sharing.
The three-day programme covering several sessions was divided into three segments: Impact of Operational Excellence on business, Ways of achieving process excellence, and Xpert speak and opex diagnosis.
The sessions included:
- Demystifying Operations Excellence by NK Sharan, Vice-President, TBExG
- Value chain analysis and enterprise process management by Sanjeev Singh, Assistant Vice-President, TBExG
- Theory of Constraints by Prof Rajiv Misra from XLRI
- Process observations by Anil Sachdeva, TQMI
- Implementation of Enterprise process management at Tata Power by Group Head, Business Excellence
- Operations Excellence in service processes – a case study sharing session by Amitabh Verma, COO, Tata AIA
- Problem solving by Niket Karajagi, Business Psychologist
- Sharing good practices of process management and process improvement by Amy H Billimoria, Principal, Tarapore School
Harish Devakumar, Consultant, TBExG, was the programme coordinator.
Going forward, on the basis of the successful completion of projects within their organisations, OEPP participants will be given an opportunity to partake in Deep Dive Diagnostics, conducting SME workshops and delivering sessions through webinars.
Communities of Interest have also been formed on the EDGE portal to help participants collaborate with other Tata companies and derive maximum value for their projects.